COSI offers 45-to-60-minute K-12 Afterschool Workshops designed just for afterschool providers that meet the Ohio New Learning Standards and the needs of each school and K-12 student. Each workshop accommodates up to 30 students and:
- Uses inquiry-based learning to explore science
- Makes science accessible to all K-12 students Excites lifelong learning in science and other content areas
Available in Ohio’s Franklin, Union, Delaware, Madison, Pickaway, Fairfield, and Licking Counties.
Each COSI Afterschool Workshop includes:
- Facilitation by a trained COSI outreach educator
- Extension activities available online
- Hands-on science experiments
- Inquiry-based learning
- Supplies provided by COSI
- Connections to other content areas
- Plus each learner receives one Buy One Get One Free general admission coupon
COSI Afterschool Workshop pricing:
One session (approximately 45 to 60 minutes): $180
Reservation, Cancellation, and Refund Policy:
Within 2 weeks of receiving your invoice, a $35 non-refundable deposit is required to keep your reservation. In lieu of a deposit, schools, libraries, or other organizations may acquire a purchase order which must be submitted to COSI within 2 weeks of receiving the invoice. Payment in full for the cost of the program is due 1 month prior to the date of the program. If a cancellation is necessary, but is made less than one month prior to the program date, the deposit made is non-refundable. Rescheduling a program can be accomplished at no penalty of the deposit if done so at least 2 weeks prior to the program date by contacting COSI. If COSI is not contacted in this timeframe, rescheduling the event or transferring the credit to another event is no longer available; and payment is non-refundable. Rescheduling a program due to weather (i.e. a snow day) for a new date within the same school year is available at no penalty if done so 2 hours prior to the program start time. If the program is not rescheduled in the same school year, payment will not be refunded.