Do you have high school students thinking about a career in health and medicine? Check out this brand new program designed for students in grades 9-12. This program will explore various careers found in the OhioHealth system. Participants will travel to various facilities in the OhioHealth System and meet professionals in different fields.
Medical Career Discovery is currently sold out. Applications for 2014-2015 open mid-June 2014.
Cost for 2013-2014 school year: COSI Members $325; nonmembers $400.
Scholarships are available. Annual tuition includes all monthly meetings, transportation for field trips and lunch.
OhioHealth Medical Career Discovery @ COSI meets at COSI on the 3rd Saturday of every month (excluding holidays) from October to May and includes a visit to an Ohio College in June.
- Saturday, November 16th
- Saturday, December 21st
- Saturday, January 18th, 2014: Dr. Mrunal Shah, Technology in Healthcare
- Saturday, February 15th, 2014: Janet Scott and the Westerville Medical Campus - Ambulatory/Outpatient Care: Radiology, Workhealth, etc.
- Saturday, March 15th, 2014: Simulation Medicine
- Saturday, April 12th, 2014: MedFlight / EMS & EMT - on-site at MedFlight * changed to 2nd Saturday to avoid major Holidays
- Saturday, May 10th, 2014: Trauma and Emergency Medicine - on-site at Grant. *changed to 2nd Saturday to avoid Race for the Cure